[Ambassadors] [OT] Problems with Fedora Planet

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 10:54:19 UTC 2010

2010/7/30 Mathieu Bridon <bochecha at fedoraproject.org>

> On 07/30/2010 12:08 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> >The problem is that in that time
> > I had Fedora 12 KDE x86_64 and I remember it was quite difficult to
> > accomplish that task and now that I installed Fedora 13 (KDE x86_64) I
> can't
> > access to my Fedora People Folder, "Konsole" throws "Permisson Denied
> > (publickey)" error to me and well, I've created a new key and it's
> uploaded
> > in the FAS and it's also stored in my ".ssh" folder inside of my personal
> > Folder, but I can't access to my Fedora People Space... ¿What can I do?
>
> Wait a little, it takes an hour or so for the ssh key you uploaded in
> FAS to be replicated on the Fedora People servers.
>
> If you still have any issue after that, try asking in #fedora-admin,
> where those who manage the servers are hanging.
>
> You'll have better luck asking directly the persons who can help than
> the ambassadors. ;)
>
> Oh, and next time you install a new distro over the current one, backup
> the .ssh folder (and the rest of your $HOME as well) ;)

> > want to change my picture URL for fedora planet in order to put a new one
> > but I am unable to edit the ".planet" file stored in the server... ¿Can
> you
> > help me?
> >
> > By the way, the firewall is disabled.
>
> Enable it back, the default Fedora firewall doesn't block any outgoing
> connexions AFAIK.
>

> --
> Mathieu

Thank's for the answer... I have checked many hours later and it still
having problems.. I'll jump into the IRC anyway.

Oh, and I've already wrote to the admin mail as it said in the Planet Howto,
by writting to the list I just wanted to know if somebody had already solved
this

And the firewall I was talking about was my Router's one :) By the Way as
far as I know is better to make a clean install of the new system.. In the
future I'll backup the .ssh folder and some others of configuration.

Again, thanks for all.

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052
@GWave: jmlevick at googlewave.com
@Blogger: http://www.blogxenode.tk/ (Xenode Systems Blog)
PGP/GnuPG: DAE3 82E9 D68E 7AE4 ED31  1F8F 4AF4 D00C 50E7 ABC6