[Ambassadors] I want to be Ambassador

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 16:23:17 UTC 2010

I could be out of line, but I'm going to blow my whistle and reach for my
yellow card here.

I hope I speak for others when I say I appreciate and welcome your
enthusiasm to be an ambassador, however we do have a process in place that
needs to be followed.

Man Kit Cheung: To find a mentor, go to this page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_choose_a_mentor

Find a mentor who is IN YOUR REGION -- a very important part of the process,
as is following directions -- and contact him or her. The responsibility is
yours to contact a mentor personally, not to comb the mailing list to see if
someone is available.

That is just one step in the process that starts here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_start

It might be beneficial to read the wikis first and if you have any
questions, then ask them on the list. But finding and contacting a mentor
off-list would be a good start.

Good luck.

Larry Cafiero / Ambassador Mentor for North America