[Ambassadors] Media discount = sponsoring?

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Fri Jul 30 16:27:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-30 at 16:23 +0200, Joerg Simon wrote:
> Am 30.07.2010 16:07, schrieb Jukka Palander:
> > This is quite upside-down method.
>
> i do not want to interupt the discussion - Jukka -
>
> please follow our Mailing List Guidelines
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MailinglistGuidelines#Proper_posting_style
>
> please do not top post!
>
> Regards Joerg Simon

Sorry, I am in another mailing list where top-posting is recommended, so
I made a mistake here! I am sorry.

Anyhow, I would like to answer once again to all the issues I've got
("against me") here (and maybe against the guidelines I am mixing some
mails together):

inode0 wrote:

>Why do you not trust them? Have they ever done anything in this area
>that suggests we should not trust them?

Yes, I do trust them, but I am still hoping that we (Ambassadors also)
can give some ideas and recommendations to them.

Paul W. Frields wrote:

>Here's the relevant page on how sponsorship recognition is given:
>
>https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sponsorship
>
>As other people have correctly pointed out, the Board is responsible
>for dealing with sponsorship recognition issues.  One way to get this
>onto the Board's agenda is for someone to send an email to the
>advisory-board@ list.

This is good. ->So we have some kind of procedure in place! Great.

Now I am only saying that I think it is better to say things out loud
instead of being quiet. That's progress.

Mathieu Bridon wrote:

>So maybe you should wait for one of them to actually make a statement
>and ask for community input, right now this discussion is going
>nowhere.

Above said and therefore I think that the discussion always leads us
into somewhere. Being silent leads nowhere and slows down progress!!!

My apologies to everyone. I am a Finn (=not that polite, straight
forward and bit bossy) and yet still a bit Spanish (=saying everything
out-loud before even thinking what I've said).

->small-me
--
Jukka