[Ambassadors] Fedora 13 Release Parties - Questions and Marketing Collateral

Steven James Drinnan steven at sjdsoft.hk
Wed Jun 9 01:04:31 UTC 2010

My Thoughts,

Setup:

A real headache, I decided to use the DVD, as I am a programmer I
selected 'Programming' tried to select 'graphical' but could not.
No option (unless you check advanced) to install KDE or other window
manager. For the inexperienced this would be appear that out distro does
not have as many options as the others.

Default apps: A laugh, it was like installing windows, no open office.
no gthumb. (shot-well is great for one by one photos but try and print a
page of photos).

Time to install: 3 hours after sorting out all the additional apps i
needed. Compared to F12 this is about twice as long.

For me a big thumbs down not for the features but the installation
defaults. And after install setup.

Steven