[Ambassadors] Upcoming events in Finland

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Jun 10 18:06:19 UTC 2010

Hi Ambassadors,

Just wanted to let you know that there are a couple of events here in
Finland during the summer which I plan to attend. The first one is
Akademy in Tampere, which starts on July 3rd <http://akademy.kde.org/>.
So far I'm only planning to attend the Akademy Conference during the
weekend, since hotel accommodation isn't exactly cheap. However, if
there's something interesting happening during the week, I could always
take a train from Helsinki to Tampere for a day.

The second event is the Assembly demo party from August 5th to 8th in
Helsinki <http://www.assembly.org/summer10/>. We've usually had a
Linux/FOSS desk there organized by the Finnish Linux User Group, here
are some photos from 2008:
<http://vpv.kapsi.fi/blog/2008/08/the-linuxfoss-desk-at-assembly-summer-2008-with-fedora/>.

If any Fedora contributors are attending either event, we could probably
meet up. Akademy might be a bit too soon to get any swag shipped here
(and besides, most Akademy attendees probably already know about
Fedora). If at all possible, I'd like to have some Fedora CDs and/or
DVDs and maybe stickers or something to hand out at Assembly. During the
previous years pretty much all discs we've had have been handed out.
Since many attendees spend the whole three days at the Assembly venue,
they usually have time to test the distributions we represent and come
back to us asking for help, if needed.

On a related note, I took part in an episode of the only Finnish Linux
related podcast, LinuCast, on Fedora 13 release day. We were talking
about the new release, of course:
<http://podcastit.tv/index.php?q=node/544>

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio