[Ambassadors] Self-Introduction: Okta Purnama Rahadian , Indonesia

Christoph Wickert cwickert at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 12 10:00:02 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 10.06.2010, 16:32 +0700 schrieb Okta Purnama
Rahadian:
> i'm so sorry :( i do this because my mentor said
> 'introduction to fedora ambassadors mailing list'
>
> i'm apologize for this mistake and thank you about your reply :)

Hi Okta,

I don't think you did something wrong. I really like people introducing
themselves and your introduction was very well written and to the point.
In fact I think that everybody should introduce himself to the mailing
list.

In the past we had problems not with the people introducing themselves
but with the replies they got. When one person introduced himself, 20
others replied with stupid messages just saying "Welcome" or "Nice to
see you." This caused a lot of traffic on the list, but didn't add any
value.

If somebody really wants to welcome a new ambassador, he should do this
in private mail but not on the public mailing list.

Have fun,
Christoph