[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Africa

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at fastmail.fm
Thu Jun 17 10:58:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 12:14 +0200, "Christoph Wickert"
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 17.06.2010, 12:02 +0200 schrieb Joerg Simon:
> >
> > I noticed that there was no Africa Meeting anymore for a longer time
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Africa_Meetings
> >
> > Maybe i missed a decision, that we are ready now and no longer need
> > special separate Meetings on Africa, but if we follow the 14 Day cycle
> > the last 3 Africa Meetings have not happened.
> > Or maybe it was just not enough attendance on them?
>
> AFAIK Sascha tried to do at least the 3rd Africa meeting, but there were
> no attendees from Africa.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

Interesting... and I have been checking to see the log for that meeting.
 I didn't know the criteria for holding EMEA Africa meeting was that an
african ambassador must be present (although that makes sense ... it
didn't come to me as a rule).  I had problems attending for reasons
peculiar to Nigeria but I have long overcome that limitation. So, when
is the next meeting holding?

I believe its a little early to take a bow now and leave africans to run
EMEA-Africa.  I'd suggest we revisit this topic after the media has been
circulated and observe african participation up to the next release. I
have no bias whatsoever about Europeans chairing the meeting. OR -- we
could still use a European/Middle-East co-chair for sometime. Fedora is
more important than our differences. Now I know I may be naive ... but
that's just my perspective judging from challenges I'm facing within my
own small African environment.
--
Oku, Onyeibo
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Twohot