[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Africa

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 17 11:08:45 UTC 2010

Hello friends,

I was organizing those meetings in the past, but sadly i was overrun
by work, family stuff and other projects.
I have to apology on this.

I see that things in africa run different and time is not such an hot
topic as it is in europe.
We tried to conclude on a new meeting time, without a result. Some
action items from EMEA and from africa meetings get bounced to the
mailing list and bounced back to the meetings without someone stepping
up and resolving them.

Joerg, what I think is;
- bootstrapping a region is not done in 4 meetings nor is it done in one year
- we must give africa its time and the people in africa will tell you
and me how things run in africa and how they will do Fedora

Isaac pointed out to me (due to my lack of time i couldnt forward it),
 africa needs one regional coordinator in every region (north, east,
south and west) and the spreading of media inside africa is the most
vital awareness medium. We know that LATAM spreads media by
pressing/burning them with some kind of station? What about providing
such stations to future four regional coordinators?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

http://spreitzer.name/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sspreitzer

Warum mache ich überhaupt dieses ganze OpenSource Zeugs?
Lesen Sie hier, warum;
http://de.windows7sins.org/