[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Africa

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:51:16 UTC 2010

2010/6/17 Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> Am 17.06.2010 13:08, schrieb Sascha Thomas Spreitzer:
>> Isaac pointed out to me (due to my lack of time i couldnt forward it),
>>  africa needs one regional coordinator in every region (north, east,
>> south and west) and the spreading of media inside africa is the most
>> vital awareness medium. We know that LATAM spreads media by
>> pressing/burning them with some kind of station? What about providing
>> such stations to future four regional coordinators?
>
> i already suggested professional burning stations as a alternative to
> Isaac, but have no idea myself if this is the right way for Africa to
> get media distributed and if it is doable from a logistic pov for them.
> I know that Rodrigo Padula bought such a machine for brazil maybe he can
> enlight us here - how they handle this issue.

I have been exploring options for Central America.  After burning 75
DVD and 75 CD at home over one weekend someone pass me a link to a
project called turbojet.

http://turbojet.sourceforge.net/

I have started to built my own dvd burner in an old PIV box with
fedora 13. I have acomodate 4 DVD-RW units. I needed a ¨Y¨ cable with
molex connectors for powering all devices. You can see a picture of
this PC in the following link.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=31372116&id=1125406417

I still ironing some IRQ issues with a pci USB2.0 card, as the old
motherboard only have old USB ports.

I hope this helps someone before he or she starts to burn disks.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217