[Ambassadors] Ambassador Schedule for F14

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 01:50:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Mathieu Bridon
<bochecha at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 06/28/2010 11:06 PM, Joerg Simon wrote:
>> Hi John,
>>
>> thanks for your patience, here is the final Ambassadorial Schedule for
>> F14 that we approved in our todays FAmSCo Meeting.
>>
>>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule
>
> Some of those items seem a bit odd to me.
>

> - Generic meetings involving FAmSCo, regional leads, and ambassadors on
> upcoming release
>
> What would those « generic » meetings be about. Or is the intended
> purpose to actually let them be as « generic » as possible?

No, about what should we do about the new release...what are the
talking points etc....what are the plans of each region for upcoming
release etc...

> Like Paul said in an earlier reply to the original thread:
>   The more specific the tasks are, as Robyn notes above, the more likely
>   they can be easily handled by an interested contributor.  The more
>   vague they are, the harder it is to figure them out or assign them to
>   anyone to get done.
>
> This seems like an overly vague task, covering overly vague meetings,
> and I fear this will lead to long and unproductive meetings. :-/

Yes, but we would never know until we do it for the first time. We
will revise it then.

> - Release event submission closes, FAmSCo review meeting, budget
> review/allocation
>
> What happens if someone is too late to declare his event, will he be
> told he can't hold one? Or will he simply not be granted funding?

Yes, he is unlikely to get funding. May be we won't be too hard about
it. But lets try to stick to the schedule.

> - Point of Contacts work with infrastructure for getting ISO immediately
> after final image is composed and available to mirrors for sync
>
> Wait, the RC images are already publicly available, and the decision to
> make a RC iso the release is publicly announced.
>
> There is just no need for some « points of contact » to « work with
> infrastructure », this is already public knowledge.

RC is not the final image...is it? RC + testing = Final image...right?
So, we can not create DVD media from RC, can we? Or do I understand
this incorrectly?

This step was meant to expedite the process of producing mass media.

Susmit.