[Ambassadors] EMEA media distribution

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 30 16:12:08 UTC 2010

Dear Joerg

>> I have lost the overview, what is our status on the EMEA media
>> distribution and which proposals/agreements do we have?
>
> Honestly, i can not think of any release where we had such a chaos with
> the media production and distribution afterwards.

This time the community handled the production and the distribution is
yet to be decided by the community.
In the past this was done and decided by RedHat, sometimes in
collaboration with Fedora. Today its done by the community and it is
the first time.
This time its noisy and appearing because the community is open and
everyone can get an insight.
I do mind If you take over here, I am very happy that we have come to
the point we are today and it was a hard way to go from since November
'09.

We have effectively chosen the amount and derivatives we produced.
We made a lot of mistakes and had much to learn. ( Quotes,
dependencies, wishes )
Everytime we redo the production cycle, we will progress in the handling of it.

The false sending of the media company was one point of the "lessons
learned" and this time it was from the company.
In future the power about the media production lies at the community.
The dependency on RedHat reduced to a PO number.

Please everyone, write to the mailinglist, it is an open community and
an open process.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

http://spreitzer.name/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sspreitzer

Warum mache ich überhaupt dieses ganze OpenSource Zeugs?
Lesen Sie hier, warum;
http://de.windows7sins.org/