[Ambassadors] starting to plan for Fedora 13 media worldwide

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 05:38:22 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Greetings.  :)

Max and Scott, thank you for your posts.  :)

> > I'd like to start really early planning for F13 media needs worldwide.

> > I've started a wiki page where we can discuss both the general process for getting media in different parts of the world, as well as specific needs for Fedora 13.

> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Media_production

> > Please take a look, and make comments & additions to the page as needed.

+1 for posting comments and additions to this wiki in order to help plan for F13.  :)

> I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but a few months back in a NA Ambassadors meeting we discussed some ideas on the type of media produced. I would imagine that it would involve some isolinux.cfg changes, but I'd love to see a single DVD that offers the choice to load live or launch anaconda for a regular install. With media that can do either or, we could limit the flavors of media needing to be produced.

Scott, you may want to review this posting at FedoraForum.org, there are good ideas at this post entitled,

"Burn multiple live isos on one DVD" (Multi-page thread 1 2) -

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=233052&page=2

Get empowered with Fedora 12 and soon Fedora 13!  Sending positive F12 and F13 from my computer to yours.  :v)

Please have a great day and/or evening!  :~)

Thank You
Sincerely
=-=-=-=-=
- David -
=-=-=-=-=
David Ramsey
---------------------------------
十人十色
じゅうにんといろ
10 people 10 colors
Different strokes for different folks
=
Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 12 (Constantine) kernel - 2.6.32.9-70.fc12.i686.PAE
* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 13 (Goddard) kernel - 2.6.33-4.fc13.i686.PAE
With eight (8) x86_64 computing cores, 16 GB of RAM and two SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisks.
=