[Ambassadors] FYI, here are the APAC meeting notes from Sunday, March 7th, 2010 at 03:00 UTC :)

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 20:19:00 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Greetings. :)

Susmit, thank you for your updates.  :)

> I am sorry for not attending the meeting but I am just back.

> As for the distribution app is concerned, the idea was to integrate *all* the workflows concerning freemedia/distribution (freemedia/admin/donations/vendors) in one place.

> It will also take care of keeping the form open for different period for different regions, poking members who have not taken up requests, notifying vendors when a new release comes up and whatever we do manually right now.

Sounds helpful app indeed.  :)

> The demo of it is here: http://publictest15.fedoraproject.org:8888/

Cool.  :)

> Mike had a valid point about maintenance of the app if I leave in future. He suggested some different ways of doing the work. Though we have not agreed about how we should handle the freemedia/distribution problems/workflows, we have agreed that it will be hosted if I take full responsibility of the updation and maintenance of the app. I have no problem with that.

I understand.  :)

> I think I will push to production it next month.

Most excellent, I appreciate the information.  :)

> As for the meeting time, is it possible to make it an hour earlier? That would be *early* for me and I shall able to attend.

> If not, don't bother, it's not really a problem. I shall follow up with the meeting log.

Sounds good, will update the content for next time to be Sunday, March 21st, 2010 at 02:00 UTC   It would be grand to have your mind.  :)

Please have a great day!  :~)

Thank You

Sincerely

=-=-=-=-=

- David -

=-=-=-=-=

David Ramsey

---------------------------------

一石二鳥

いっせきにちょう

One stone; two birds.

To kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

=

Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey

* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 12 (Constantine) kernel - 2.6.32.9-70.fc12.i686.PAE

* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 13 (Goddard) kernel - 2.6.33-4.fc13.i686.PAE

With eight (8) x86_64 computing cores, 16 GB of RAM and two SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisks.

=