[Ambassadors] Review about the Open Source Days 2010 in Copenhagen, Denmark

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 08:31:07 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:41 AM, Robert Scheck <robert at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
<skip>

> When I went over to attend a talk, Neville A. Cross took care of the booth.
> Our Neville works for a Nicaraguan company that has a join venture with a
> Danish company which decided that Open Source Days are a good way to
> promote an Open Source product they have been using. In the evening, Kris
> Thomsen, one of our Danish Fedora Ambassadors, arrived and later in the
> evening we participated at the social event, the "Nokia Open 2010": To be
> honest, it was more an advertising show of Nokia products and projects; but
> hey, they sponsored the food and beer! And I skipped the Danish comedian
> they had gotten for the entertainment, because my Danish understanding was
> too worse for that... ;-)

<snip>

I got the idea of open source days from Fedora mailing list, so I
suggested to XCompetence (Danish company) to look if that was an
opportunity to them. After several weeks of absolute silence I got an
invitation to join the event. I was really happy. So that's why I was
there, so far from home.

I am glad that the ProcessMaker booth has more crew and Friday's
public was lower, so I had the chance to contribute with Fedora booth,
allowing Robert to have a well deserved break.

During my shift, I mainly saw some students go form one classroom to
another. I talked with three people. One told me that he has used
Fedora and wanted to have last version (DVD) and wanted one case badge
sticker. Then another person came by and asked what fedora was about,
talked a bit and went off with a LiveCD. Finally another person came
by, said he used fedora and centos, that was cool to have a fedora
booth and asked for a case badge sticker. All conversation occurred in
English. Pretty much everything follows Robert's accounts.

It was really nice to have the opportunity to talk with others fellows
ambassadors.

Best regards

--
Neville