[Ambassadors] Review about the Open Source Days 2010 in Copenhagen, Denmark

Kris Thomsen lakristho at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 13:10:22 UTC 2010

2010/3/9 Robert Scheck <robert at fedoraproject.org>:
> Kris did also a very good job (the Open Source Days were his first event
> as Fedora Ambassador) with talking to visitors and promoting Fedora. As
> speaking the same native language definately lowers the barrier to talk
> about something, he had more longer and more intensive talks to people,
> which I really like. In the evening of Saturday we cleaned up the booth and
> switched to the Scrollbar (the students cafe) for talks, fun and beer...

-- Text removed --

> Finally, I would like to say "thank you" to Kris and Neville for their work
> and support around the event! It really was a pleasure for me to meet and
> work with both of you. Hope to see you on another event in the future... :)
>

> Greetings,
>  Robert

Hi!

This was the first time I attended an Open Source event and it was
really a great pleasure to attend Open Source Days 2010 with Robert -
and the short time I saw Neville :D

I do agree that the event was very expensive - but actually everything
in Copenhagen is. And to me it seems that people were happy and
excited anyway. People were really happy about seeing a Fedora booth
on this event, because for many danish people Fedora is just some kind
of an american distribution without an userbase in Europe.

It would be great to have a business booth, it would be easier to
"sell" Fedora. As it was this year, we didn't have much power to show
our product - we couldn't get out to the people, we could just wait
for them to come to us = very bad from a salesmans point of view.

I love Fedora Ambassadors and Fedora! :D

// Kris