[Ambassadors] Being Ambassadors *within* the Fedora Project

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 19:06:34 UTC 2010

I've been giving some thought of late to how ambassadors focus their
energy on promoting Fedora, both the distribution and the project. It
seems to me we largely focus as a group on external promotion, getting
new users to try Fedora and getting new contributors to participate in
the Fedora Project. We also internally often come back to how
important it is for ambassadors to be personally involved in the
Fedora Project in some capacity outside the ambassador group to do
especially the latter promotion effectively. Many ambassadors do
actively participate in other parts of the project that interest them
individually.

I would like to propose that as a group we adopt an internal project
activity where we can make a positive impact on the Fedora Project
right now. It would be nice for this activity to have a low barrier to
entry, not require tons of an individual ambassador's time, and really
make an impact on the quality those we promote Fedora the distribution
to externally see.

With all that in mind, I am going to make a personal commitment and
ask that you join me in participating in future Fedora Test Days.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Test_Days

The schedule of upcoming Test Days in this release cycle is available here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Fedora_13_test_days

As a group we could easily double or triple the level of participation
seen currently in Test Days. In conjunction with our setting a good
example by personally participating in Test Days, I think we should
add promoting Test Days to others as one of our talking points,
especially with new contributors.

John