[Ambassadors] Question on which size Live USB Keys is used by Ambassadors. :)

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 15 20:19:24 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Greetings.  :)

Everyone thank you for your e-mails.  :)

> I have a better idea. All you need is use boot.fedoraproject.org
ISO. This little thig uses gpxe, and you could trigger the installer
through net. And you install wahtever you want, I think.

+1 for BFO, Zoltan

A good read for BFO, here too -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points#boot.fedoraproject.org and http://boot.kernel.org/

Also a feature in Fedora 13, too -

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/boot.fedoraproject.org

================================

FYI, for F13 the Desktop LiveCD requiring a DVD read this from a post by Frank Murphy, frankly3d on the Fedora Freemedia List -

http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2009-November/005590.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2009-November/005640.html
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/desktop/2009-November/005690.html

FedoraLiveCD - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD#Advantages_and_Limitations

"...Fedora 13 onwards, Fedora Desktop Live image is not CD sized
anymore.  You are recommended to use a Live USB or DVD image. A few
other spins at  http://spins.fedoraproject.org are still CD sized..."

================================

Please have a great day! :~)

Thank You
Sincerely
=-=-=-=-=
- David -
=-=-=-=-=
David Ramsey
---------------------------------
猿も木から落ちる
さるもきからおちる
Even monkeys fall from trees.
Even experts make mistakes.
=
Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 12 (Constantine) kernel - 2.6.32.9-70.fc12.i686.PAE
* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 13 (Goddard) kernel - 2.6.33-8.fc13.i686.PAE
With eight (8) x86_64 computing cores, 16 GB of RAM and two SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisks.
=