[Ambassadors] EMEA media production

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 18 20:41:19 UTC 2010

Dear friends, freedom missionaries and ambassadors,

in the EMEA meeting from yesterday we decided to shift the media
production topic to the mailing list.
This is where I want to start the thread about the "EMEA media production".

Background information:
On delegation of the EMEA I was since November 2009 in negotiation
with Max Spevack from Red Hat to arrange a way for Fedora Project to
order the EMEA media without having Red Hat involved or controlling
our media orders. So to say the Fedora Project would be able to handle
this in its own.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Media_production#EMEA

Today:
Last week Max and I were able to work out a statement. ->
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/a/ae/Media-bit.pdf
Based upon this document I am eligible to handle orders of media from
the company mentioned within the statement.
This finally enables Fedora Project to design its very own process
and/or tool(s) to have its media decided and produced.

What are your ideas? How can such a process look like? Who will be (or
is) eligible to decide which media kinds will be produced?
Where will it be shipped? Can we have a tool handling this process?
How can we make it fair for everyone?

Tell us your opinion!

PS.:
I have received criticisms about the point that only I am eligible by
the statement, and not a democratic chosen person.

Please let me state this clear;
It is not my intention nor am I the character to abuse this statement.
I am a delegated individual by the community. I am a contributor and ambassador.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

http://spreitzer.name/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sspreitzer

Warum mache ich überhaupt dieses ganze OpenSource Zeugs?
Lesen Sie hier, warum;
http://de.windows7sins.org/