[Ambassadors] EMEA media production

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 18 23:05:39 UTC 2010

Am Donnerstag, den 18.03.2010, 23:51 +0100 schrieb Mathieu Bridon:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 23:44, Christoph Wickert
> <christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, den 18.03.2010, 23:35 +0100 schrieb Mathieu Bridon:
> >>
> >> Doesn't the media team already produce artwork for the disk and the case?
> >
> > Only for the official spins, this means GNOME only in case of F12.
>
> Right, but what is needed other than replacing Gnome by $SPIN and i386
> by $ARCH in the SVG file?

Please look into the ticket. It's not an SVG file and our initial plan
was to have logos on the media and not just replace GNOME by $spin.

> Local communities producing their own media likely do it anyway to
> translate the artwork in their own language, so I don't see why you
> would need a formal request to the design team instead of simply doing
> it as soon as the « official » media branding is done.

I would have loved to do it. but for nearly two months, nobody bothered
to tell me where the official artwork was, so I couldn't do anything.

> Let's face it, the design team is probably swamped by the time we will
> ask them the media artwork (background polishing, Anaconda/Firstboot
> theming,...) so just taking five minutes of our time to do this
> ourselves will probably be easier and faster for everyone. :)

As I was the one who did it I can assure you it took more than just 5
minutes.

Regards,
Christoph