[Ambassadors] Resigning as Ambassador

Marcus Moeller mail at marcus-moeller.de
Fri Mar 26 17:24:52 UTC 2010

Dear Max,

>> I am sorry to say that I am going to resign as Ambassador for Fedora.
>>
>> I tried to do my best with FUDCon planning for Zurich but the whole
>> process was so frustrating that I am not willed to put any more effort into
>> it.
>>
>> What happend will be discussed in FAMSCO next monday, where I am going to
>> attend as well.
>>
>> I am not sure if I can remove, so would be glad if one could do that for
>> me.
>
> Marcus,
>
> I owe you a public apology, and I would ask you to please reconsider your
> decision.
>
> The pre-planning that you and Sandro have done for a FUDCon in Zurich is
> superb, and it is by far the best option that exists, and given that we want
> to in September (about 5+ months from now), I think it's absolutely the
> right decision to say "yes, FUDCon Zurich 2010 is the thing to do!"
>
> I guess you've been waiting for that to be said in public, and it is 100% my
> fault that it hasn't been, and that you felt like your only option was to
> walk away.
>
> Based on the "bid process", I think we definietly should be holding FUDCon
> EMEA in Zurich for 2010.  The only concern that existed was one of cost, and
> it seems like you guys have found a lot of options that can help to mitigate
> that.

Which also have not been discussed in the public. We have found
several low budget but high quality solutions for nearly all concerns.
This has been published on the planning list as well as on the wiki.

> Please reconsider and accept my apology for being a terrible communicator
> regarding FUDCon EMEA 2010.

I wonder why you even did not reply to my mails. It's just about a
decision that has to be taken. We are quite late now and I am not sure
if we could still manage to get that many rooms if FUDCon should
really happen here.

Best Regards
Marcus