[Ambassadors] FYI Fedora 12 one page release notes. :)

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 18:21:50 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Pierre-Yves <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 17:58 +0000, Nelson Marques wrote:
>>
>>  What I pointed in the photo is the meaning of the gesture from the
>> lad
>> on the right side, often associated (many times) with rappers OG's
>> (Original Gangsters). That title is only granted to people who have
>> performed murderers/assassinations. Of course it has other meanings in
>> other groups, usually minorities, like surfers, rockers, etc. Though
>> this might be a polemical debate, and maybe some exaggerated
>> fanaticism
>> towards some cultural movements, it can still be interpreted in a very
>> negative way.
> Isn't it the 'Index + little finger' ?
> In the picture the lad  on the right side has his Thumb + little finger
> up, which to a french person refers more to the symbol of the telephone
> (As if he was asking the phone number of the photograph).
>
> my 0.2 cents,
>
> Pierre

I can relate to gestures that Locally (in Nicaragua) can be rude but
in other country (Brazil) can be a sing for good luck. Pierre is right
"Call me" should be a more broad accepted interpretation. Then it may
be also something with context.
I think is good to be aware that differences do exits. This case I
don't find particularly bad. But I should be considered to be wrong
until proven otherwise.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217