[Ambassadors] calling for backup

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 27 23:13:46 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

Greetings. :)

Very good comments posted.  :)

> Sounds good to me, and I don't have any amendments to make. Let me know if I can join the rotation.  Larry Cafiero

I concur with Larry's statements and I offer my time and support for joining the rotation.  :)

> I learned everything on the fly, right before I needed it; it wasn't difficult, it was just constant keeping-up-with-communications. I learned by asking questions of prior FUDCon organizers (Paul and Max) or by making something up if there wasn't an existing process. For this reason, I'd suggest at least a 2-FUDCon term for the position - do a FUDCon (while being mentored), mentor someone else to do a FUDCon.

Mel, I think your ideas are very logical as well as constructive indeed.  In a similar process which I had to implement...to develop and mentor such a position required the the 2-term base...First entry was to get one's feet wet in the entire process, then by the second entry based upon reflection of the first entry and time, good things within the self developed.  With questions and answers, the person is empowered with further knowledge which is learned through experience.  :)

> Stuff the community can do:

I liked reading these ideas.  :)

Also, I think that with constructive criticism things will blossom, with destructive criticism nothing will grow.

> * Basically, everything at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon_organization_process.

Good URL.  :)

Sending positive Fedora 12 "Constantine" and Fedora 13 "Goddard" from my computer to yours now.  :v)

Please have a good weekend! :~)

Thank You

Sincerely

=-=-=-=-=

- David -

=-=-=-=-=

David Ramsey

---------------------------------

猿も木から落ちる

さるもきからおちる

Even monkeys fall from trees.

Even experts make mistakes.

=

Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey

* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 12 (Constantine) kernel - 2.6.32.10-90.fc12.i686.PAE

* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 13 (Goddard) kernel - 2.6.33.1-21.fc13.i686.PAE

* Two (2) dual core systems with 3.0 GB of RAM running the Fedora 13

Alpha and Security Spin (Goddard) kernel - 2.6.33-1.fc13.i686.PAE

With eight (8) x86_64 computing cores, 16 GB of RAM and two SATA Seagate 7200.12 500 GB harddisks.

=