[Ambassadors] Marketing flyers

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Sun Mar 28 14:04:19 UTC 2010

Hi!

Great job. It is important to have those flyers, but I have just one
more thing to put in consideration here.

Why don't we say more clearly that Fedora is alternative to Windows or
Mac OS?

People might get bit confused if we just say it is an operating system
based on Linux. There are a huge group of people out there who does not
understand what is an operating system. They know Windows and they may
know Mac or Linux (as one system), but they are not familiar with Fedora
brand/"trade-mark".

I think we should say more clearly the whole thing. Like:

"Fedora Linux OS" or "Linux Fedora OS".

Also I think we should say everywhere that it is _free_ alternative to
Windows and OSX. I think this is the only way to get Fedora more known
within "ordinary" and "non-tech" people.

--
Jukka