[Ambassadors] Info Request

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:06:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 02:49 +0300, Pierros Papadeas wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt> wrote:
>> >
>> > Anyone is aware on documentation/general guidelines on how Fedora should
>> > be promoted in local LUG's?
>> >
>> > nelson
>>
>> Hi Nelson!
>>
>> As the LUG page in our wiki [1] suggests, one may refer on the general
>> Marketing practices[2] in order to promote Fedora in a local LUG.
>> I should add that in some cases we need a specific approach, mainly on
>> topic-specific lugs. For example we should promote FEL in a
>> Electronics LUG etc
>
> I am approaching national LUG's, and I'm noticing that the Fedora
> community is nearly non-representative in volume. Which eventually means
> that people not so head-strong will change distro at some point.
>
> My goal was to try to get a solid base for this people not to feel so
> "alone", and eventually try to enlarge this groups of resistance.
>
> As said, I'm taking this into the Marketing Team, which is actually my
> field of expertise and take it from there.
>
> nelson

When I was re-taking the Nicaraguan community I found that there was a
some knowledgeable people that where using fedora, some of them
because they got started with red hat, and them do not contribute
because now they are got busy with jobs and family. Some of the things
that I have tried to do is to get them to know that they can help with
small things and get them to contribute with the local community
sharing their wisdom.  I am not sure if you will find a situation like
this, but I am sharing anyway.

Good luck in Portugal

--
Neville