[Ambassadors] Standard behaviour, resignation and regional leadership.

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 30 05:54:44 UTC 2010

Hello all,

thank you susmit for this healing words.

> Recently there has been a rash of two types of behavior on the
> fedora-ambassadors-list and by Ambassadors in general that are
> disturbing.
>
> The first is not being excellent to each other. There has of late been
> name calling and pejorative references to the abilities and experience
> of others. This is unacceptable behavior for any Fedora Project
> contributor, specially when Fedora Project has set the standard of behavior
> among the community as "be excellent to each other"[1]. It's even more
> appalling for this behavior to be originating with Ambassadors who are
> supposed to represent Fedora's principles to the larger F/LOSS community
> and to the world. We are not expected to agree with each other all the time,
> as a matter of fact disagreement is often a good thing, but when we do
> have disagreements, we should be mindful that our criticism should be
> constructive, and not fall to the level of personal attacks.  We are
> all friends and working towards a common goal within Fedora.

I think having an own opinion is an important thing. But the freedom
of expression ends at the border to our neighbours freedom.
And expressing your point of view as an anmbassador shall mostly be
made with a clear mind and not by an emotional peak.
Please keep in mind that you are an ambassador, your words will have
an effect to the public.

> The second is frustration rising to the point of public threats and
> resignations. There have sadly been three of these in the past week.
> That isn't to say that these frustrations are not real, or even disheartening.
> This is only to say that explore and utilise the possible channels
> before you give up. We certainly don't want to trivialize those frustrations
> that block getting work done, or make us less motivated to get things
> done. Sadly as we continue to draw closer to release those are likely
> to increase, as many of us contribute to multiple parts of Fedora and
> our time is increasingly stretched thin. We would like to ask that you
> give the regional leadership and FAmSCo a chance to fix the problem.
> Whenever you are having a problem, drop us a mail and we will do our best to
> fix it. We don't have magical powers, and can't promise that your frustration
> or problem will go away simply by telling us about it. However the
> regional leadership and FAmSCo exists to enable Ambassadors to get
> things done, in part by trying to remove obstacles. Please try contacting
> them before you throw your hands up and quit, and preferably
> approach them long before you get to the "quitting stage".
>

> [1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview#Our_Community

Being part of something bigger, always meant ups and downs.
Let us stay together in both of those.

One for all, all for one.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer

http://spreitzer.name/
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sspreitzer

Warum mache ich überhaupt dieses ganze OpenSource Zeugs?
Lesen Sie hier, warum;
http://de.windows7sins.org/