[Ambassadors] Ambassadors Cert Exam?

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Sun May 2 04:05:09 UTC 2010

On 02/05/10 04:56, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:04 -0700, "Jeff Sandys" <jpsandys at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> When a user
>> asked about ATI graphics issues I replied I couldn't answer.  But when a
>> user carrying an imac (comparing it to colorful OLPCs) asked if we had a
>> powerPC version, I answered incorrectly, saying no.
>
> I don't see anything wrong is saying, "I'm not sure ... I'll check that
> out, and get back to you in a moment".
> There are so many things about Fedora and FOSS that I don't know (and
> may never know).

In fact, if you do not know, you should just say so. That is the
professional way of handling questions. Apart from the fact, that you
make yourself look like a fool, otherwise. Helping to investigate an
issue, that is, having knowledge to help and find out why an issue is
present, is knowledge/experience, which is second to knowing the answer.
And nobody can know everything! It is impossible to know everything and
I see this every day, in Fedora and in work. Professionalism entails to
approach others for advice, or to know where to find the right advice.
That is also what happens at University, you are taught, how and where
to find information and to apply such information in a correct manner,
this includes conveying that gathered information. University is useful
in that respect.

As ambassadors, we also expect you to build your proficiency in terms of
Fedora, so that you can convey correct information.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefor no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org