[Ambassadors] FLISoL Venezuela 2010

María Leandro tatica at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 3 18:50:48 UTC 2010

Hello to all.

Past April, 24 we held in 14 Venezuelan cities the "Festival Latinoamericano
de Instalación de Software Libre - FLISoL Venezuela 2010", this event is
held in all latinamerica the same day for the past 5 years and has become
one of the most important events in our region, because joins all the
countries in a single party for software freedom spread.

In Venezuela, I was on the national organization helping not only Caracas
(city that I organize) but also the 14 cities who join to this party. Thanks
to FAmSCo help we could buy new banners (onethat I will keep for 7 events
that I have in the next 3 months) and the other will be given to the rest of
the Venezuela community to help them to spread Fedora. Also we where able to
buy badges, stickers (vinyl) and dvd to gift Fedora isos. Was great to see
people thankfull receiving this gestures.

In Caracas, we had a Fedora team with 4 new members, who where really the
soul of the Fedora booth. This girlsand guys make everyone wear a Fedora
tattoo and spread that Fedora is a community of profetionals and friends.
Also, they give some demostrations of how to play and use Fedora in a
regular environment, showing the attenders that Fedora is a true option to
change their OS.

Caracas had an estimated attendance of +2000 (2283) and if we add the rest
of the cities, the number goes up to 5000. We also had +60 new users who
walk out using fedora, so I guess was our best flisol.

Here you can find the flisol official photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamihacker/sets/72157623932324984/
and a special group of fedora latam people working at flisol:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/fedora-latam/pool/

Thank you so much to the people who encourage us and helps us to make of
this, our best event ever.
Thank you.

--
tatica