[Ambassadors] New regional Ambassador Mentors

Gerard Braad gbraad at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 8 14:17:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 9:11 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> So is it also clear how many mentoring slots are available for each
> region? And why ppl are told there are no free slots available
> (instead of we do not want you to be a mentor, because ...) and others
> are voted in a few weeks later?

A lot depends on the size and maturity of the community in that
region. So this can not be answered in a simple way as this think of
thing is dynamic.

At least in the case of China we have been working hard to get the
community at a more mature level. Even mistakes were made and lessons
learned... and best of all, things got noticed. This region needed
more mentors and this has now been addressed. Thanks again for this
:-)

Gerard

--
Gerard Braad — 吉拉德