[Ambassadors] Going passive

Tristan Santore tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net
Tue Nov 9 12:07:22 UTC 2010

On 09/11/10 11:45, Jonathan Wagener wrote:
> Hi there Sascha,
>
> I completely agree with you. The work that is done on the Fedora project
> is used to profit another company. So in a sense they have found a
> wonderful way to make a fortune out of a free workforce.
>
> But who do you work for in that case?

> On 9 November 2010 13:23, Sascha Thomas Spreitzer
> <sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org <mailto:sspreitzer at fedoraproject.org>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Fedorians,
>
>     as I feel frustration about my work in Fedora and I do not agree with
>     todays Fedora governance and ruling system I am hereby taking the
>     logical step of stopping all my active contributions to this project.
>     One major point is that I feel exploited by RedHats installation of
>     the Fedora Project and I do not feel it is ok to contribute for a
>     companys benefit that is not equal to its project investment.
>
>     Thats why I am saying goodbye, with the following sentence;
>     "Microsoft is the evil we know. Novell and Oracle is the evil we got
>     to know and Canonical and RedHat is the evil we will get to know."
>

>     The duties I am leaving open and which will be impacting are;
>
>     - EMEA media production (F14 still open?)
>     - Dual layer DVD approach
>     - some packages
>
>     Thank you for the friends I met and made and thank you about the
>     lessons I learned about OpenSource and capitalism.
>

>     For the sake of freedom I will be shifting my spare time to projects
>     which are ruled by the poeple for the people.
>
>     --
>     best wishes,
>     Sascha
>     --

> Jonathan Wagener
> Lead Developer at www.Amoebasys.com <http://www.Amoebasys.com>
>
> +27 (0)21 673 6759 (Office Phone)
>
> www.Espresso-Online.info <http://www.Espresso-Online.info> (My Blog)

A. this is off-topic.
B. This is childish
C. Red Hat pays our server bills, funds events, and other stuff,
including hotel bills for attendees who cant afford all the costs.
D. Media is also sponsored, for the poor souls without any good inet.
E. Im getting sick of this mentor thread, and whatever results from it.
F. Nobody forces you to contribute
G. I like my free open source OS
H. Are you buying Red Hat support ? And if you did, you would be paying
for the support itself, events, etc., so how are they profiting from
Fedora per se ?

Regards to the sorry souls who have to read the bickering in this Fedora
list.

Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE
Tristan.Santore at internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore at fedoraproject.org