[Ambassadors] New regional Ambassador Mentors

Antonakoglou Konstantinos anton.cost at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:24:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de>wrote:

> Dear Christoph,

> think
> the
> >>
> >> Based on the discussion I have created a proposal:
> >>

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mmoeller/Ambassador_mentoring_proposal
> >
> > I have to admit that I'm disappointed your proposal does not take into
> > account what I wrote yesterday about soft skills, needless rules and
> > stepping up when there is work to be done. And it hardly is a proposal,
> > you just mention a waiting list but no details.
>
> You may have noticed that the way it goes now, does not really seem to
> work for all of us (at least when you do not know the time when to
> step up, because everywhen you asked seemed to be the wrong time).
>

>From what I understand from what Joerg and Christoph (and others) have
already mentioned :

With the current system, you know when to step up. It's when you always ask
an other mentor to mentor new Ambassadors (thus, you will probably be
nominated by this mentor or an other). It's because :

1) you have convinced many to contribute as Ambassadors (considering you
have been asking the other mentor)
2) you can co-operate with mentors or FAmSCo members (I think communication,
ability to co-operate etc are great values if you hold such a title)

This way you have proved yourself as a mentor so they make it official with
just giving you the title and privilledges.

If either 1) or 2) are false, you are not needed or uncapable to be a
mentor. Plus, FAmSCo is elected by us so I guess they are trustworthy people
on overall.

It's very cool that you are trying to propose something new. But maybe it's
too complicated than it is really needed?

Thanks for your attention :)

--
Konstantinos Antonakoglou
PGP key: 0xC9E2E16B