[Ambassadors] Withdrawing my FAmSCo Nomination

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 10 12:34:51 UTC 2010

Dear Fellows,

hereby i withdraw my FAmSCo Self-Nomination.
You deserve a short explanation.

But first - i want not make a big deal or the next drama out of this, so
PLEASE RESPECT THIS AND DO NOT RESPOND TO MY STATEMENT!!!

I think about this for a while and spoke with fellow friends and my
secret guru. I know, i may will disappoint people who set their trust in me.

I will make it very clear, i will not flee my duties - i never have! And
this is not out of frustration!

I do this because i believe i can do more good for Fedora on other
places, unbiased of a Role as a FAmSCo Member, sorry for not coming up
earlier.

I have done the Ambassdors Administration and Mentoring Process work
long time before my first FAmSCo election and as long as FAmSCo accepts
me in this Role, i will happy to work in FAmA and leave the decissions
to improve Mentoring Process to FAmSCo - but i will give my oppinion on
it, if asked.

Of course i will also follow my duties as Ambassador and this is one
reason for my withdraw - if you look at my Events History

http://jsimon.fedorapeople.org/events/

the Events i could support this year dropped a lot - and i want to go
back to do the streetwork.

With this upcoming election we proof that we are a healthy living group
and have more great candidates than ever - for me the best time to step
aside!

Most of the Candidates are a much better natural leaders than i am - and
i already nominated some of them.

http://kitall.blogspot.com/2010/10/famsco-election-nominations-2010.html

I also learned that segregation of duty regarding FAmA can help to take
emotion out of the decission making process and i am sure the new
elected FAmSCo will absolut capable of.

I promise i will follow the goals i stated in my nomination independend
from drawing back my FAmSCo Nomination and i also will do my best to
present the Ambassdor Group in the Fedora Board in the case that i get
elected.

thanks for all your support!!!

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688