[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:51:27 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 10.11.2010, 12:35 -0500 schrieb Max Spevack:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> >     1. Fedora EMEA e.V. is being closed down.
> >     2. Fedora France will likely need to follow.
> >     3. Long time contributors like Gerold are stepping down.
>
> I'm been contributing to Fedora for almost 5 years now, and in that time
> I have participated in different roles within Fedora, and made a lot of
> different decisions.  Most of them, if I had to do again, I would,
> because I think a lot of good things happened for Fedora over that time.
>
> But the one thing that I wish I could go back in time and change is the
> way things have happened in the Europe community over the past few
> years.

I just want to say it loud and in public: IMHO you were the best FPL
ever and the time you were with us in EMEA was the best time our
community ever had. You helped us to build something great.

I find it unacceptable if some people now blame you for the things that
went wrong. You did everything with best intentions and full backup of
the legal department. Blaming you is definitely blaming wrong person, I
feel you are abused as a punching bag.

All the best,
Christoph