[Ambassadors] Red Hat's investments (was Re: Going passive)

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at lesbg.com
Wed Nov 10 19:02:55 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 17:10 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>     14. Other package owners got a formal letter from Red Hat that they
>         had to hand some of their packages over to Red Hat employees as
>         they were to become part of RHEL6.

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but I'm the maintainer of
deltarpm in Fedora and EPEL 4 & 5 and received an email basically saying
that deltarpm would be part of RHEL 6, so wouldn't be in EPEL 6.

Seeing as EPEL is *Extra* Packages for Enterprise Linux, that doesn't
bother me at all.  Nobody's asked me to hand over deltarpm in Fedora,
which would be a completely different story.

Jonathan