[Ambassadors] FOSS User magazine

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Fri Nov 12 19:17:12 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 08:06 PM, Buddhika Kurera wrote:
> Hi,

Hi.

> I am the editor of the FOSS User magazine, in Sri Lanka, the first
> FOSS related magazine. ISSN 2012-7650.
>
> I am planing to promote openSUSE through the magazine as well.
> So i created a new feature in the next issue in December.
>
> I need one person who knows openSUSE from the beginning for a
> interview kinda thing.
> Please get me if you are ok with this requirement.

Sorry, but somehow I do not really understand what you want from *us*.

This is the Fedora Ambassador mailing list.

Fedora != openSuSE

If you want to talk to someone who knows openSuSE from the beginning,
Andreas Jaeger is probably your go-to-guy. But you cannot really expect
Fedora Ambassadors to help you writing an openSuSE article.

I you ask for my personal opinion in regards to be a Fedora Ambassador
and in parallel the Editor in Chief of a FOSS magazine: You will sooner
or later run into trouble because the Fedora Ambassador Conduct [1] will
conflict with you personal interest of covering and discussing the
strengths and weaknesses of different FOSS projects.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Conduct

Cheers,
Matthias