[Ambassadors] User lists, was Re: Fedora Ambassadors Welcome

Caius 'kaio' Chance kaio at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 15 11:23:37 UTC 2010

2010/11/15 Gerard Braad <gbraad at fedoraproject.org>

> Hi all,
>
> As kaio mentioned there is a new list for AU users. It is good
> practice for new ambassadors to join these lists and should certainly
> be pointed out by the mentors.
>
> The APAC region gained a lot more attention recently, which is a good
> thing, but I am sure more regions might want to consider regional
> lists. If so, please discuss it. We have to be consistent with naming
> these as the one for China is a combined list (user and developer).
> For a small community ok, but not handy in the longrun.
>
> Kaio, thanks for co-ordinating/assisting this new region ;-)

Gerard's comments are consistent to kital's thoughts on this universal
ambassador lists - it becomes somehow annoying when regional ambassadors use
this for low level (detailed) discussions. (just like why we should not make
a long list of welcome as kital said) I am going to use au-users for every
discussion include AU ambassadors' at this stage.

About the APAC ambassador meetings, I suggest if we could reschedule it away
from weekend day time. I guess most of the members are busy with groceries
or family activities outdoor.

drumsey, what would you think? :D

Regards,
kaio