[Ambassadors] Cyprus Event: Fedora 14 release party + 2bil firefox celebrate!

ppapadeas at gmail.com ppapadeas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:12:58 UTC 2010

2010/11/15 Marios - <mi.isaakidis at edu.cut.ac.cy>:
> Hello everybody!
>
> I am happy to have become part of your "family" and most important, announce
> the first party in Cyprus dedicated to fedora project!
> It is organised in cooperation with UbuntuCY community and New Technologies
> Club of Cyprus University of Technology.
> It will be held in greek (sorry for that, but it´s students´mother
> language), on 18th of November, in Cyprus University of Technology
> (Limassol).
>
> Please read http://tinyurl.com/2wemgz5 for more information!
>
> So far, we have prepared presentations on topics like academic open source
> applications and how to install fedora. We will give out CDs and make a
> fedora live usb creator stand.
> We invite all of you to help us with the success of the event, by making a
> tele-presentation in english! Please choose an interesting subject, and
> please brief (about 5-10 minutes)! What about, how to contribute to fedora,
> presentation of your fedora community, why open source etc? We are waiting
> for your proposals at this email!
>
> Thank you for your time! If possible, a new email will be sent on how to
> attend the event live through internet!
> Have fun with your parties!
> Marios  (Misaakidis - mi.isaakidis at edu.cut.ac.cy)

Hey Marios!

I am so glad to see our friends Cypriots have embraced Fedora :) It is
great to see initiatives like Fedora Release Parties... Please make
sure you file a ticket if you need anything here [1] and also it would
be great if you attend next EMEA Ambassadors meeting reporting back
your event!

I would love to give a remote presentation but unfortunately I am
still in Vietnam meeting with the local community :)

Ευχαριστούμε πολύ και καλωσήρθες!

~π

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/emea-swag-tracking/

--