[Ambassadors] FYI "Fedora ranking pulled ahead of Ubuntu"

Gregory Fenton fedora at fedoradvds.com
Thu Nov 18 10:05:26 UTC 2010

Lies
Damn lies
Statistics

As somebody that ships both Fedora and ubuntu I know that (at least for me)
ubuntu outstrips Fedora by a 10:1 or better ratio.

Does that mean that ubuntu is ten times better than Fedora? No, purely that
when Linux is mentioned generally either ubuntu or Red Hat is the topic.
 Fedora is regarded as the "poor cousin" to these - rightly or wrongly.

If more focus was paid on brand recognition I am sure that fedora could
consistently outsell (outgiveaway?) ubuntu.

Best regards

Greg