[Ambassadors] Issue raised at 2nd FAmSCo townhall

Caius 'kaio' Chance kaio at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 19 15:40:24 UTC 2010

Hi Larry,

2010/11/20 Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com>

> 11:25:08 <kaio> 2. I would rephrase that into "Upgrade the ambassadors to superambassadors." - multi-functional ambassadors
> who specialize also in something they prefer: Development, Design, Documentation, Infrastructure, Testing, Marketing,
>
> Release, etc. I expect superambassadors are keen to share their knowledge and experiences via presentations and
> discussions in meet-ups.
>
> I am not sure what this suggestion means. Does it mean making a higher
> "level" of ambassador membership? Taking this back to front, don't
> ambassadors already "share their knowledge and experience via presentations
> and discussions in meet-ups"? My understanding is that many Ambassadors wear
> several hats in the Fedora Project (no pun intended -- no, really) -- and
> while we all contribute to the Ambassador program at our own level, it's
> expected thatt $AMBASSADOR_A who knows x, y, z is already imparting that
> knowledge at presentations, etc., s/he is doing.

I was not proposing an extra level of ambassador membership. I was talking
about the ambassadors who joined the Ambassadors group without much
Fedora/Linux backgrounds. We see many Fedora contributors become
ambassadors, and I also want to see if we could help those who started from
the opposite way (Join as ambassadors -> contributors in another team).

There are people who likes FOSS/Fedora and wants to promote it, as users.

> In other words, the multifunction aspect here is already in place and
> should be a part of an individual Ambassador's toolkit when s/he advocates
> for FOSS in general and Fedora in particular.
>
> Again, if this is a suggestion to make a different, possibly higher, tier
> of ambassador, I am completely against it.

No. I am also completely against it. No way for more tiers of ambassador
from here.

Regards ☺ Caius 'kaio' Chance
Fedora Project Contributor - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kaio
[IRC] kaio @ freenode | [Twitter] @K410 | [Blog] kaio.net