[Ambassadors] Issue raised at 2nd FAmSCo townhall

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 01:00:22 UTC 2010

2010/11/19 Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com>:
> Thank you for clearing that up, kaio, and I'm glad we're on the same page
> :-)
>
> One of the strengths of the Ambassador program is that in many instances we
> serve as a stepping stone for people who want to expand their talents in
> other facets of the project. In my opinion, I think that's a good thing.
> Ideally, people who start out as Ambassadors and end up also working in Docs
> or Infrastructure or Testing don't forget their Ambassador "roots."
>
> Larry Cafiero

Today I was asked once more off list how to achieve that mentor status.

I was thinking that one of the standards, milestones or proof of being
ready to be mentor may be that the ambassador has conducted one
workshop (live or IRC) of ambassadors tips and training. There has
been three or four of such workshops on fedora-class room. I think
that this is not a full anwser, and do not solve all the questions
raised around this topic. But it may be one point among others to
discuss.

Something along the line... "If you feel ready to face a bunch of
people to tell them how to conduct as ambassador, and also reply
inreal time any question they may have about that, then you are
getting closer to be candidate to be mentor"

I am offering this as suggestion, to be part of a more complex
explanation of the people/soft skills expected from ambassadors who
takes this extra work.

best regards

--
Neville