[Ambassadors] Budget needs for FOSDEM 2011

Bert Desmet bert at devnox.be
Tue Nov 30 17:04:14 UTC 2010

hi Max,

thanks for the question :)

So, the day before FOSDEM, I'm planning to organize a FAD again. my
plan would be to pay for food and or drinks during the FAD, and then
leave for the FOSDEM beer event around 6 pm. I remember you paid with
your card last year, so you can make an estimate about that. I'll
contact the same place again if that's ok for you?
Another thing we /could/ do is organise a social event (for everyone)
on Saturday evening , but I don't know if we want that, since we
already do that during a FUDCON..

for swag, this would be the first time we produce swag in Belgium, so
we have to figure out how much it would cost. since FOSDEM is one of
the biggest free software events in Europe, we need a lot of swag and
media. (I would estimate 500 USD for stickers (laptop stickers, and
other stickets, we keep what is left for other events). As I
understand it, I don't need to produce media, Christophe wickert will
handle that.

for the moment we have 6 people requesting travel subsidies, which is
quite a lot. So I think a budget for travel between 1000 and 1500 USD
would be feasible to organise that.

I'm trying to figure out what we would gain by sponsor fosdem, will
let you know asap :)

kind regards,
Bert

2010/11/30 Gent Thaçi <gentthaqi at gmail.com>:
> I am also willing to participate as I added myself but I need travel and
> accommodation coverage. If theres something specfic for that please let me
> know.
>
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bert (and other FOSDEM organizers),
>>
>> I'm looking at the FOSDEM organization page for 2011, and it looks like
>> things are coming together.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FOSDEM_2011
>>
>> I'm curious to know if there's any estimate of budget needed for FOSDEM.
>> Are there any travel subsidies necessary?  Are the swag costs?  Do we
>> need to donate any money to FOSDEM itself?
>>
>> The reason why I ask is because I want to make sure that we set that
>> money aside, and that we also have processes in place to get it spent,
>> etc.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Max
>> --