[Ambassadors] Fedora Mag?

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 19:46:14 UTC 2010

Em Qua, 2010-10-06 às 08:32 -0500, Jesús Franco escreveu:
> On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 08:24:56 +0530 "A. Mani" <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Excellent work here: http://pclosmag.com
>
> I agree, it's a pretty good job.
>
> > The milestones of http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_print_magazine
> > should be 'On-line Edition first', then maybe a print version.
>
> Fedora-LATAM has begun a magazine designed for print, Tatica and a few
> writers has become its 3rd monthly edition, however we are going to
> review the project at our meeting tomorrow. A proposal is that
> exactly: making an on-line edition first with socialweb plugins and
> so.

I agree that an online edition is the best way to start. We have some
experiences with Fedora online magazines in LATAM. First by the
Brazilian community and then by the spanish-speaking countries.

> This is exactly an idea yet presented to LATAM to be considered
> tomorrow. Maybe FWN could evolve into a portal like FreeSoftwareDaily
> focused on highlights of Planet Fedora and other sources at this
> moment covered on FWN at the wiki page. It could be a better way to
> get more members of our community interchanging ideas and projects
> with each others.

>From past experiences we know that we need a lot of responsible people
to make a magazine happen. It is important to make it a long term
initiative integrated with the whole project. If we are able to use the
instruments we already have and are used to work with the chances to
make the initiative successful become higher.

Regards,
--
Igor Pires Soares
Fedora I18N/L10N QA