[Ambassadors] Fedora Mag?

Teseu teseu at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 7 07:21:37 UTC 2010

2010/10/6 Igor Pires Soares <igorsoares at gmail.com>

> Em Qua, 2010-10-06 às 08:32 -0500, Jesús Franco escreveu:
> > On Wed, 6 Oct 2010 08:24:56 +0530 "A. Mani" <a.mani.cms at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Excellent work here: http://pclosmag.com
> >
> > I agree, it's a pretty good job.
> >
> > > The milestones of http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_print_magazine
> > > should be 'On-line Edition first', then maybe a print version.
> >
> > Fedora-LATAM has begun a magazine designed for print, Tatica and a few
> > writers has become its 3rd monthly edition, however we are going to
> > review the project at our meeting tomorrow. A proposal is that
> > exactly: making an on-line edition first with socialweb plugins and
> > so.
>
> I agree that an online edition is the best way to start. We have some
> experiences with Fedora online magazines in LATAM. First by the
> Brazilian community and then by the spanish-speaking countries.

There's a lot of reasons to consider an online version as the beginning  of
this effort. Paper cost is a good one, but logistics and distribution
problems are far more complicated.

> > This is exactly an idea yet presented to LATAM to be considered
> > tomorrow. Maybe FWN could evolve into a portal like FreeSoftwareDaily
> > focused on highlights of Planet Fedora and other sources at this
> > moment covered on FWN at the wiki page. It could be a better way to
> > get more members of our community interchanging ideas and projects
> > with each others.
>
> From past experiences we know that we need a lot of responsible people
> to make a magazine happen. It is important to make it a long term
> initiative integrated with the whole project. If we are able to use the
> instruments we already have and are used to work with the chances to
> make the initiative successful become higher.

People committed with the management of all involved is critical to the
success of this kind of endeavour. A team with different skills, such
revision, artwork, diagramation we have, but also has to be designated and
committed. I agree with Igor, specially the long term integration part.

Cheers,

Teseu
Fedora Ambassador (Brazil)
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Teseu<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Igor>