[Ambassadors] Budget update, and rest-of-2010 planning

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 07:41:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Max Spevack
<mspevack at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Perhaps in each of the upcoming regional Ambassador meetings, the groups
> could come up with whatever budget requests they'd like to make between
> now and the end of the year, and send them along to FAMSCO, so we can
> help make sure that everything can be purchased and paid for?
>
> In particular for LATAM, India, and APAC, I want to make sure that folks
> are able to get everything that they need, and that we have sufficient
> money set aside for everything.
>
> We don't have to use up all of our budget, but I don't want people to
> feel like they have to be afraid to request things.  As long as it's
> justified, responsible, and valuable to Fedora in general (not even
> purely to Ambassadors), we are in a position to make it happen.

Ok. So may I safely assume anyone from a local Ambassadors group (e.g.
Italy) can propose to allocate some budget?

Case in point. We're organizing our presence at Linux Day (Oct 23);
admittedly, we did not plan ahead enough for preparing event kits to
distribute, but I also realized the procedures to request and use
budget were not clear enough to speed up things; basically, it looked
like no one in our group had the time and/or skills to push this
forward.

So, let's say I'd like to allocate budget to prepare some posters,
banners, stickers, etc and build some ready to go event kits, what's
the next steps?

Thank you very much

Gianluca

--