[Ambassadors] Legal requirements for the Multi-Desktop Live media

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 18 22:20:13 UTC 2010

We, the EMEA ambasadors plan to do a multi-desktop spin for Fedora 14.
This is a dual layer DVD with all desktop spins on it:
      * Desktop spin (a.k.a the spin that must not be called GNOME spin)
      * KDE Spin
      * LXDE Spin
      * Xfce Spin
      * Moblin Spin

in i686 and x86_64 (therefor we need to do dual layer). Everything is
tied together with a boot menu.

The board has said they would approve the spin and grant it the usage of
the Fedora trademark but
      * we must not refer to GNOME as GNOME but as the 'desktop'
      * they want it tested first.

We are fine with these two requirements, but on IRC Jesse indicated that
there might be other problems. Given that
      * the spin only consists of 100% Fedora packages
      * the spin only consists of approved Fedora spins
      * the board grants us the use of the Fedora trademark
      * we have download location for the image on Fedora infrastructure
      * we put a readme on the spin whith the download location of the
        SRPMs
are there any other legal requirements we need to take into account? If
so, please tell us ASAP.

We need to figure this out ASAP in order to have media for the Release
events. Any help and advice you can give us is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Christoph