[Ambassadors] Legal requirements for the Multi-Desktop Live media

Anuj More anujmorex at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 01:31:01 UTC 2010

Sorry for my ignorance, but what's up with not calling a GNOME spin, "GNOME
spin"?

Do you have numbers as to how many DVD players can actually run dual layers?
I had some distros on a dual layer, and tried giving them to my friend, but
that couldn't work out because his DVD player couldn't read dual layers.

Anyway, the plan sounds really good.

"   * they want it tested first."
I am all up for testing :D

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Christoph Wickert <
christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:

> We, the EMEA ambasadors plan to do a multi-desktop spin for Fedora 14.
> This is a dual layer DVD with all desktop spins on it:
>      * Desktop spin (a.k.a the spin that must not be called GNOME spin)
>      * KDE Spin
>      * LXDE Spin
>      * Xfce Spin
>      * Moblin Spin
>
> in i686 and x86_64 (therefor we need to do dual layer). Everything is
> tied together with a boot menu.
>
> The board has said they would approve the spin and grant it the usage of
> the Fedora trademark but
>      * we must not refer to GNOME as GNOME but as the 'desktop'
>      * they want it tested first.
>
> We are fine with these two requirements, but on IRC Jesse indicated that
> there might be other problems. Given that
>      * the spin only consists of 100% Fedora packages
>      * the spin only consists of approved Fedora spins
>      * the board grants us the use of the Fedora trademark
>      * we have download location for the image on Fedora infrastructure
>      * we put a readme on the spin whith the download location of the
>        SRPMs
> are there any other legal requirements we need to take into account? If
> so, please tell us ASAP.
>
> We need to figure this out ASAP in order to have media for the Release
> events. Any help and advice you can give us is highly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

Anuj
Daily blog: http://hashfml.blogspot.com