[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Fri Oct 29 18:50:23 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Marcus Moeller <mail at marcus-moeller.de> wrote:
> Dear Joerg,
>
>> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=fama.git;a=blob_plain;f=stats/ambassadors.png
>>
>> and we could no longer assure the quality of new candidates.
>>
>> We trust Ambassdars with ressources - and personal trust is nothing that
>> you can put in guidelines and rulebooks. Same is for new Mentors!
>
> Yes, but that also means that some candidates e.g. I personally
> wouldn't have rejected, have been.

I think you'll find rejections VERY VERY rare (I'll try and go look at
the numbers)
Most 'time out' from not responding to their mentor. At FADNA this
year, we discussed that something like 98% of the people who do
contact a mentor never responded to the email response from the
mentor.

I just ran a query - there are only 24 mentor rejections out of more
than 1000 tickets (and some of those are duplicate tickets from the
same individuals). E.g. I don't think this is a problem.