[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 02:42:16 UTC 2010

Hi,

--- On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Viji V Nair
<viji at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
| I wanted to be an ambassador (I was one of them and removed as a part
| of "India Cleanup"), but my mentor from India needs 6 months to
| promote me, according to him my works are not official. -
| http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Viji_V_Nair
|
| Because of these new rules my requested to other groups like
| "Marketing Group" etc are also on hold.
|
| I am disappointed....
\--

People who want to work will work, irrespective of whatever challenges
they face. I am quoting what you wrote to me earlier

=== QUOTE ===

"I have been actively working on fedora since 2007 and I was an
ambassador also. I have quit my job now and working as FOSS consultant
for the last 4 months. I could see that there is a huge gap in the
industry where people are not aware about Linux and OSS. I have met
many guys in this last 4 months and converted 90% to Fedora and FOSS
(can give references). Since I am planning for a full time stuff on
FOSS, I need a proper brand and support to talk to people. I could not
see enough guys in mumbai region doing this, I am also building a team
of FOSS evangelists.

And, what do mean by "official", you only consider fedora "supported"
stuff as a work? According to me, I am working on FOSS, I consider
fedora as a very good distribution to test bleeding edge technologies.

Hope you understand..."

Honestly, I am not interested in what you do otherwise, but, for
Fedora Ambassadorship, doing Fedora work is a must, and I have already
told you that I am only interested in seeing package review comments,
packaging, and advocating the same to others.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan
http://www.shakthimaan.com