[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 05:17:04 UTC 2010

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Viji V Nair <viji at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wanted to be an ambassador (I was one of them and removed as a part
> of "India Cleanup"), but my mentor from India needs 6 months to
> promote me, according to him my works are not official. -
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Viji_V_Nair
>
> Because of these new rules my requested to other groups like
> "Marketing Group" etc are also on hold.
>
> I am disappointed....

We are all sorry you are disappointed. As the rest of this thread now
demonstrates debating the details of a specific case on a mailing list
never works out well for anyone. If you feel your mentor has treated
you unfairly, or if you feel you have any other grievance about the
behavior of your mentor please consider following the dispute
resolution policy outlined here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassador_dispute_resolution

I can be available as a mentor from another region who doesn't know
the parties involved to help if you wish.

John