[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Viji V Nair viji at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 30 07:35:04 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Onyeibo Oku <twohotis at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 00:17 -0500, "inode0" <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Viji V Nair <viji at fedoraproject.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I wanted to be an ambassador (I was one of them and removed as a part
>> > of "India Cleanup"), but my mentor from India needs 6 months to
>> > promote me, according to him my works are not official. -
>> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Viji_V_Nair
>
> Oh I see, you have links to personal community builds (packages) on your
> fedora wiki page.  And as you stated there, they're not directly related
> to fedora.  Is this right? Is it not suggestive and confusing? ... you
> may have sincere motives but lines like that can mean anything to
> anybody. They may be less misleading on your personal website or your
> blog.

Agreed, those are not directly related to fedora. Please understand
that most of the people using fedora runs "many community stuff" on
top of it, not only fedora shipped packages. I know many organizations
chose ubuntu because they ships may apps which fedora does not, eg
Eucalyptus.

I am here trying to promote fedora with some additional community
stuff, like PVFS2, reiser4 etc. We are all here to promote FOSS and
Fedora, I believe.