[Ambassadors] How to be a Mentor?

Viji V Nair viji at fedoraproject.org
Sat Oct 30 15:11:12 UTC 2010

2010/10/30 Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Viji V Nair  wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, I was not aware that I can't put any other FLOSS work in fedora
>> wiki! (even if it is beneficial somehow for fedora users). I can't
>> find any guidelines regarding this in fedoraproject.org also.
>>
>> Even users like Rahul Sundaram asked me to move the rpm from wiki and
>> keep it in fedorapeople.org, they never mentioned that I cannot keep
>> this over there.
>
> Although not the intended use of that space, I don't think there is anything
> prohibiting you from doing this at the moment.  The current guidelines are
> at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedorapeople_Repos
>
> Perhaps RPM Fusion would make it more accessible to end users but that is
> just a recommendation.
>

>> This is not true, we are not expecting any respect, but please don't
>> insult. Mentors from India is questioning our intention of
>> contribution, which is an big insult. According to them we are all
>> doing this just for a "name".
>
> I think it would be more constructive to assume goodwill than malice.  When
> someone volunteers to act as a mentor, it is upto them to decide what they
> are comfortable with.  I don't think generalizing this as malice for all
> mentors is useful.

I am not making a statement about all the mentors, please go through
this complete mail thread, you will see their opinions. There is not
enough mentors are from India, at-least don't question the intention,
if we are not fulfilling the work remove us rather than testing the
patience for six months.